WHAT IS MIGRAINE ?
A Migraine is a severe, painful headache that is often preceded or accompanied by sensory warning signs such as flashes of light, blind spots, tingling in the arms and legs, nausea, vomiting, and increased sensitivity to light and sound. The excruciating pain that migraines bring can last for hours or even days.
Symptoms of migraine can occur a while before the headache, immediately before the headache, during the headache and after the headache. Although not all migraines are the same, typical symptoms include:
- Moderate to severe pain, usually confined to one side of the head, but switching in successive migraines.
- Pulsing and throbbing head pain.
- Increasing pain during physical activity.
- Inability to perform regular activities due to pain.
- Feeling sick (Nausea).
- Being sick (Vomiting).
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound.