WHAT IS HAIR FALL ?
Most people normally shed 50 to 100 hairs a day.,In the majority of cases hair loss is a normal process of aging, and not a disease thinning hair or baldness in any hairy region of the body.The word alopecia refers to any type of hair loss Baldness tends to be a more specific term among lay people, as it usually refers to hair loss on the scalp – however, it can mean hair loss in any part of the body. Alopecia areata means “hair loss in areas”. This is unfortunate because hair loss can cause serious distress in some people, with some far reaching psychological effects. In some cases hair loss may be a consequence of some medical treatment, especially cancer treatment drugs – when the hair loss is generally temporary.
The exact cause of hair loss may not be fully understood, but it’s usually related to one or more of the following factors:
- Hair loss occurs when this cycle of hair growth and shedding is disrupted or when the hair follicle is destroyed and replaced with scar tissue.
- Family history (heredity)
- Hormonal changes
- Medical conditions
Hair Fall Signs & symptoms:
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- A receding hairline
- Sudden loss of patches of hair
- Patches of broken hairs and incomplete hair loss on the scalp
- Excessive shedding of hair, but not complete baldness, after various illnesses and drug treatments, rapid weight loss, anemia, or stress